Shaping the 21st Century: Innovation at the Intersection of Sustainable Design and Business
The Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York will host Making Green From Green, on Wednesday June 16th at 6:00pm. Mary McBride, Director of the Pratt Institute Design Management Program, will moderate Shaping the 21st Century: Innovation at the Intersection of Sustainable Design and Business. The questions to be addressed by the panel are:
1. What role does design play in innovation?
2. What kind of innovation do we need in the 21st Century?
3. How do you see business and design changing as we end the first decade of the 21st Century?
4. What role do you see designers in NYC playing in leading change?
* Ken Drucker is the Design Director for HOK’s New York Office. HOK is a global architectural firm that specializes in planning, design and delivery solutions for buildings and communities.
* Richard Lombard is the Chief Operating Officer of Material ConneXion, a global materials resource and consultancy that helps copanies connect with the best materials solutions.
* Eric Wilmot is an Innovation Strategist at Wolff Olins, a brand consultancy that works with organizations to shape a better world. The aim is to create innovative sustainable realities, not just a nicer image.
* Added Feature. Designers from the NY chapter of Industrial Designers Society of America will exhibit their recent work before and after the panel. Participating members include Marco Perry for PENSA, Deb Johnson for Pratt’s Center for Sustainable Design Studies andResearch, and Michael LaGreca for Material ConneXion www.MaterialConneXion.com.
Please visit http://www.cbsacny.org/article.html?aid=859 to register, or for more information.
Event Details Are As Follows:
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
5:30 to 9:30 pm
5:30 to 6:00 Registration
6:00 to 7:30 Program
7:30 to 9:30 Extended Reception to celebrate the completion of the Making Green from Green series
Location: UJA Federation of New York, 130 East 59th Street